Polk Family Blog

Monday, June 30, 2008

AHHHHHHHHH!!!!

It starts! It runs! It runs GREAT! Turned out to be the ignition. Either the coil or the points, I don't care which, I replaced them both with Pertronix electronic ignition and their Flamethrower coil. WOOOHOOO! Man does it run nice. Can't wait to get it on the water for a test run!

Oil pressure seemed good, but all over the place. The gauge seemed very flaky. It was above 40psi all the time but jumped around. I'll wait 'till I have it out for a while to determine whether it needs help.

The trim gauge seems busted, too. Dunno if it's the sender or the gauge, I'll figure that out later, too.

Next is hook up the radio, change the oil and take it out with someone in a tow-boat on hand in case things don't go as well as planned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home