Polk Family Blog

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Kenny Chesney concert

While I wait for my Youtube vids to upload, here's a few pix from the Kenny Chesney concert Jen and I went to last weekend.

There was betting going on behind us as to whether the mullet under this dude's wig was real. Nobody could tell. Eventually he got too drunk to stay at the concert.

This guy was to my immediate left. A lightweight by far. The girls he was hanging out with were just getting started by the time he decided the chair in front of him was his new buddy. I was convinced he was going to yack on my shoes. He never did. It would have been a cool story.

There was a drunk girl to Jen's right. She eventually left, too after finding out that trying to dance, drink, scream, sing, wave at Kenny and text message her girlfriends (all at the same time) while blasted drunk is not super cool. Her last text message (I was watching this circus head downhill): "if i leav th cocrt will u guy tke me hm and hld my hair i gotta puke rel bad". OK I made that up, but that would've ben a cool story, too. She left about halfway through.

Kenny is not tall, but not as short as I expected. I guess his height is a tabloid big deal or something. What he lacks in height he makes up for with a 4 story tall video setup:

Either the Fargodome doesn't do well with Kenny's sound setup, or his sound guys should be talked to. It was really hard to make out singing or individual instruments. Another bone to pick is Kenny told this odd and somewhat irrelevant story for a while about the song Sweet Home Alabama and the crowd freaked out cheering because they thought he was going to sing it, then he sang something related (I guess? - I couldn't understand him for the horrid sound). Weird moment, and the crowd reacted with a "w00t!!11! Sweet Home!! YEAH!! *muscstarts* uhh....no? um...uh..... *uncomfortablepause*.. w00t!!1!!1 Kenny is singing a different song! What is it? I dunno!! YEAAHH!!11! *screamingdrunkednessensues*".

KC sure does have energy. They played for (I think) 3 hrs, non stop. The concert was pretty good over all. I loved the light show and the drunk people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home